Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A to Z Challenge - V

A to Z Challenge – V
And, yes I am going to go for the OBVIOUS! VANILLA! I had considered going a different route, but after a long day, being so tired and I come home and light a vanilla candle to smooth the edges out – I gotta write about Vanilla.
I know it is in my about me section, but exactly what is it about Vanilla that I love so much. Did you know that the Vanilla bean comes from an orchid? An orchid that grows as a vine, and does not bloom until it is fully grown. It is not an easy orchid to grow and the bean, of course not really a bean – they are pollinated by hummingbirds, stingless bees and of course by hand.  It is a beautiful flower that has a purpose.
As I understand the flower smells nothing like Vanilla, but has its own incredible scent. If I did not have a black thumb, I would attempt to grow it. I did attempt growing coffee at some point, and that was as my kids put it, an EPIC FAIL!
I find the scent of Vanilla relaxing and familiar – as a flavor, it stands on its own and enhances other flavors. I would like to think that I am a little like that – I can stand on my own, but with others I am stronger and can help enhance.
I know I am not the only Vanilla Mama out there, based on email address availability and user names on different boards and account. Some places you will find me as Vanilla Mama, Vanilla Mommy or even Nilla Mama. At some point I am sure my grandkids will call me Nilla – hehe – you never know.
So, that is my V post – Vanilla. Do you have something that you feel a little crazy about? For some people it is baseball, football for me it is Vanilla. I have other obsessions, I think I am an obsessive person in general – but, at least this one is a good one. When you think of Vanilla, you may just remember me.
Live, Laugh, Love ~
Vanilla Mama

3 comments:

  1. i never knew that the vanilla came from an orchid! thanks for the info.
    i am a little crazy about my cameras and lenses...lol. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall think of you every time I make vanilla yoghourt:-)

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts???