Monday, June 13, 2011

Book Blurb Friday

This looks like fun -
From  - http://www.writinginthebuff.net/
Picture for blurb -
Here are the details of Book Blurb Friday. I hope you'll join the challenge!

A "blurb" is the story summary on the back of a book (usually 150 words or less) written to entice you to read the book. Think of your visits to a bookstore or library. A book's front cover may catch your eye, but if the blurb doesn't interest you the book goes back on the shelf; if it resonates with you, you bring the book home.

The goal of this meme is to: 

Write a book jacket blurb (150 words or less) so enticing that potential readers would feel compelled to buy the book. 
I am coming into this a little late, but better late than never! (This is #2 of the challenge, they are up to #15...I will either catch up, or jump around!)

What Lies Buried
The picture, the overexposed golden picture, came in the mail, postmarked from her home town. No note, no return address…nothing. The sunshine belied the dread that flooded Jenna’s heart as her memory took her back to that tree, no letter was needed to remind her of what happened that day underneath that very tree.
Who had discovered her secret after all these years? Who would taunt her in such a way, and who had found her?
Jenna knew that she had to return to the tree, face the nightmare from over a decade ago, and bury it once more.
If it wasn’t already too late.
Such a simple, dreadful secret with the power to crumble so many…herself included, how will she protect it now that it was unburied?
What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Great blurb! Enough plot to draw me in and keep me guessing, and the hint of a mystery, which means you know I'm in for the read.

    I'm tickled that you're playing catch up. I'll look forward to reading your other blurbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you have to write the book. You have my attention. I'll edit for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh interesting! So what happens next? Id definitely want to keep reading. :)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my-just what is the secret? This would definitely be one that should be pursued further...

    You are starting from #1? Wow! I can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts???