Thursday, May 26, 2011

Exciting Fortune

“An exciting opportunity lies ahead of you.”
Oh man, I hope so! I really, really hope so! I have been praying for change lately and part of my prayer was, “Lord, I know that you have something planned for me. Please, lead me to it.” A few things have transpired just by listening to that inner voice that I call the Holy Spirit. I am not going to go into a lot of detail in my post today, because I don’t know anything for certain yet…I am in Wait Mode.
You know what Wait Mode is, right? It is that limbo between knowing and not knowing. Taking the test and waiting for the grade. Having your pictures taken and waiting to see if you look fat in them. Setting up a blog and hoping people read. Going into labor and having the baby…Wait Mode. That feeling in the pit of your stomach while you…just…wait…and wait…and it has only been A DAY!
I do not do Wait Mode well. Seriously, let me say that again – I do not do Wait Mode well. Despite the fact that I am a patient person, this is killing me. It’s like watching paint dry while someone is scratching on a chalk board. Especially today!
Imagine my joy when I got this Fortune today, “An exciting opportunity lies ahead of you.”
I know, I know…I cannot put a whole lot of stock into a Fortune Cookie when it comes to life decisions, but give a girl a break! Maybe God is telling me something.
Every day we are given opportunities, some possibly more exciting than others. It could be the opportunity to make a new friend, give someone support, change jobs, grow closer to your husband and children.
While I am waiting for my exciting opportunity to come through, (please, please, please God – I am not above begging…ummm…praying extra hard!) I am going to try to take my opportunity and let God’s grace work through me and give me some peace today knowing that He has this. No matter what happens, if this exciting opportunity comes to pass or not, if another exciting opportunity will come along. Besides – my Fortune Cookie told me so!
Live, Laugh, Love ~
Vanilla Mama
OOOhhhh….here is an exciting opportunity for you: 10, 15, 29, 31, 35, 44. And as always, if you win – please take the opportunity to share with your Vanilla Mama!

3 comments:

  1. Oops, I should have copied those numbers down. May be I will go back and do. Just kidding. Those are your numbers and hope you win. I fyou win could you please give five dollars to a homeless person? I neve wait to read your blog. I have not been able to comment because of some glitch. I hope this one shows up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to write if you win! I hope you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - Munir you are such a blessing! My prayers were answered today - I will be sharing soon! I am so excited I cannot even sleep!!!

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts???