Friday, January 14, 2011

My Life as a Fortune Cookie

So, I think a regular feature I will have is, "My Life as a Fortune Cookie" - let's face it, most of what you pull out of that inedible little cookie is total dribble, but there are some though provoking, inspiring or down right absurd ones that just need to be shared!

We actually have several stuck to our refrigerator that I just couldn't throw away without getting them down somewhere....

Here it goes:

Live, think and act for today.
Tomorrow may be too late.

I think that it is kinda funny that I picked that one out of the pile for today. I had the thought to do this tonight and was about to head to bed since the flu is running rampant through our house and I have to work tomorrow, but I wanted to get this out of my head....because, tomorrow I may forget! Very appropriate, don't you think?

In all seriousness, this is so incredibly true. You truly never know what tomorrow will bring, so make sure you make the most out of today. Tell the people you love that you love them, spend that 15 minutes extra reading or playing on the floor with your kids. Pray every instant you have the chance. God gives us these precious minutes that we have on this earth and there are only so many of them that we get.

My oldest son was just honored by his football coaches with an incredible award, for basically being an outstanding person. A person that people can look up to, emulate, a person that has an amazing heart that he is happy to share with all. The award is in the name of a young man, Chad Tinsley, who was a football player on my son's team many years ago. He was young man of such character that even now, since his death in 1997, his coaches still remember him. I had the privilege to meet his mother and brother and they were so pleased that my son won this award. They had heard so many positive things from the coaches, players and parents. So many people stopped me last night to tell me that they could not imagine anyone more deserving of this award than my son. My son cares and opens his heart and lives today with passion and I am so incredibly proud of him. Those of you who know me, know my son - if you get the chance today (or any day!) let him know how proud you are of him. I have two other amazing sons that I do not want to feel left out by this praise of my oldest - but trust me, my time to lift you up will come. Everyone has their moment to shine and this moment is for him!



This post got more serious that I had intended - but, that is a fortune cookie for you. You never know what it is going to say -

So - lucky numbers anyone? 14, 18, 24, 29, 35, 40
Hmmm....too late for lottery tickets tonight.

Live, Laugh, Love - Vanilla Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

And your thoughts???