Friday, December 3, 2010

Not About a Boat - -About the Hair

I am in a bit of a quandary about my hair....what's the big deal? I'm not sure. In the past I did not really have to worry alot about being in public, an occasional speaking engagement(not me speaking I will point out), PTA meeting, booster club, was all I really had to worry about and for some of those a baseball hat was perfect! Now that I am working full time outside of the house (no more working at my kitchen table in PJs!), I am trying to present myself in a more professional way. Some of the really funky things I think I would like to do with my hair, I am not ready to do, plus I am not sure my hubby would care for it either.

So....bottom line, I am in the mid stages of my hair growth. I have BONE straight, thin hair and I am SO gray around the temples that I am self conscious about it and I have a yucky hair color right now that I have got to do something with. In fact, perhaps it is more the hair color than the cut at this point.

I think the real problem here is that I miss my hair dresser, who is a very good friend, and she doesn't do hair anymore. I could always trust her to cut my hair to look good on me, color my hair right and not charge me an arm and a leg....sigh....she cut my hair for many years, and honestly it is one of my hang-ups.

So, how did I meet this legendary hair dresser?? I went to Great Clips (which is today my fallback for a quick haircut that is affordable, as long as they speak English and their hands do not shake while holding the scissors) and she was the FIRST and I DO MEAN FIRST hairdresser that ever cut my hair and tucked my hair behind my ears. Yes, I know that sounds bizarre, but seriously from a woman that goes around taking pictures of boats that do not belong to her, it is really pretty mild. I am a compulsive hair tucker - it is always behind my ears. I admit it, but I am not willing to go to a 12 step program to overcome it. It is a nervous habit at this point and honestly I am surprised that there is any hair left there to tuck.

So....I post this in hopes that I will get up a little gumption to take a step and try to find a new style, new color, a new something that will make me feel more comfortable with myself. I need to at some point take the time to do this - I will try to fit it in somewhere between my two jobs, family and resting! But, in the mean time, this post gives me an excuse to dig out one of my boat pictures....Hehe!

So, maybe this boat, a short sassy haircut with highlights....Hmmmm....A girl can dream, right?!
Live, Laugh, Love - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

And your thoughts???