Friday, March 23, 2012

Breathing

How do you measure a loss?

What constitutes a loss?

We are constantly watching Wall Street and the gas pumps, every nickel, every penny….tracking loss.

Losing your phone, losing your keys, losing your dog….

I have lost all of those.

And most anyone who is reading this will acknowledge that none of these, NONE of these prepare you for the loss of a person. A live, human, breathing, loving person.  A person that you love.

How do you measure that loss? How do you get past it? There is no financial advisor, no hidden extra keys, no micro chip embedded in a lost pet, no cell phone insurance – they are gone.

A co-worker, a friend, a family member…an aunt, an uncle, a grandparent, a parent, a sister, a brother,  a spouse, a child…how, do you measure that loss. How do you move on?

Day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute, second by second – breath by breath!

Please keep my family in your prayers. We have lost so much…we have lost my father to pancreatic cancer. My grandfather’s son, my mother’s husband of 40 years  (almost 41 years), a sibling to my aunts, an uncle to my cousins, a friend to many more than I could name….he has gone home.

He was welcomed home by many loved ones, friends, cousins, aunts, uncles, a mother and a grandbaby.

Day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute, second by second – breath by breath.

Fortune Cookies, Bible Verses, and Prayers…many, many prayers!

Most important - Prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    This Munir's daughter. We're having trouble accessing the internet, but my mom and I wanted you to know how sorry we are for your loss. My mom hopes we get can get our internet back soon so she can write more (I'm writing this from my phone.) You and your family will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and a lots of hugs.
    Can't say that I know how you feel, but I can sort of know how you feel. I was so afraid to tell about your Dad's prognosis when you wrote about his CA of Pancreas. I knew it too well as we lost our Dad to the cancer of Pancreas as well. This was back in 1989. It took less than a year for cancer to take his life as we had seen him fit and about in February of 1989 and we lost him in November of the same year. A lot of progress had been made since then ( eg Patrick Swazee made for a year).
    I hope that you are taking care of yourself. You need to.

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts???